Should I upgrade to Windows 11?
It has been announced by Microsoft that Windows 11 is coming at the end 2021, and the beta phase should be available via the Windows Insider program starting on the 28th of June 2021. Windows 10 will still be supported through to 2025 but has not been informed whether how many more updates Windows 10 will get.
Is there a cost?
Upgrading to Windows 11 is completely free, but there is a catch. You can only upgrade to Windows 11 as long as your PC passes the tests in Microsoft's PC Health Check which can be found in their main website. Once the full Windows 11 has rolled out the, you can check if it is ready for your device by going to the Windows Updates in the Settings. The only probable cost is if you want to buy a new PC when Windows 11 rolls out as an upgrade for hardware.
What is the New Features?
Microsoft has unveiled that there is an overhaul on the visual and design of Windows 11. it is quite different to its predecessors as it comes with a bold new look, effects, applications and user interfaces. There are massive changes and a number of improvements, that include support to run Android apps, has better window snap layout and support and much more. Software's used in Windows 10 can be used in Windows 11 as the upgrade is just more of a visual and user experience overhaul. Nothing in the security of the system is stated yet from Microsoft.
Other Features are as stated:
- Microsoft Store - Windows 11's app store will support Android apps via Amazon App store.
- Multitasking/External monitor - Windows 11 will now save the state of the windows when you disconnect from a monitor and plug it back in.
- Tablet mode - Removed as the Windows 11 behaves more like an iPad.
- Two-factor Authentication - PIN, Biometric (Fingerprint reader / Illuminated infrared camera), or phone with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Hardware Requirement for Windows 11
Reminder on the current minimum hardware specifications needed to upgrade to Windows 11 as below:
- Processor: 1GHz with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit SoC
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB or more
- System Firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TMP: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) ver 2.0
- Graphics Card: DirectX 12 compatible / WDDM 2.x
- Display: >9-inch with HD resolution (720p)
If you like what you see from the new upgrades on Windows 11 and if your device is compatible and confirmed to be able to run Windows 11, it is very much recommended to upgrade when it comes out. If your device is not compatible, donít worry, your device will still be supported for a few more years. Feel free to contact ACM at 6295 5962 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any upgrade of your hardware today!